Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sriram Narayanan <sr...@yahoo.com> on 2002/02/21 15:36:33 UTC

Unable to use RequestDispatcher.forward() for HTML pages when in Tomcat 4

Hello all,

I am able to use the RequestDispatcher forward control from one JSP page to another. However I am unable to forward to HTML pages.
>From what I read in the Servlet API spec (there's an example for /garden/ etc) and the docs for RequestDispatcher(), one should indeed be
able to forward to HTML pages....

Here's what I have in my JSP:

<%getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher("/html/authhome.html").forward(request,response);%>

And here's what I found in the generated JSP page:

--- beginepartial quote -----
            application = pageContext.getServletContext();
            config = pageContext.getServletConfig();
            session = pageContext.getSession();
            out = pageContext.getOut();

            // begin [file="/notauthorized.jsp";from=(0,2);to=(0,92)]
                getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher("/html/authhome.html").forward(request,response);
            // end
            // HTML // begin [file="/notauthorized.jsp";from=(0,94);to=(1,0)]
                out.write("\r\n");

            // end

----- end partial quote ----

Could someone please point me to what it is that I'm doing wrong ?

I have only the Servlet API spec with me, and not the JSP spec, which I have not been able to download yet (Internet connection problems)

Thanks,

Sriram