Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> on 2003/02/13 05:48:53 UTC

Re: ideal hardware for cocoon?

As Peter hints, there is no limit on how much you can spend on your ideal
production environment.

50,000 CaffeinMark Java CPU (byte codes in silicon) with XML parsing hardware
accelerator (similar to a NVidia chip) would be a good start. Then make that
into an array of 10000, each with a Gig of memory, and you are in a good
position...

Price tag for the above; Give me 12-18 months and $10-15million, and I'll make
it happen.  ;o)

Niclas

Re: DirectoryGenerator depth attrib (newbie)

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
hi Mark,

Mark Anquoe wrote:
> ok I've started pulling my hair out. I am really having problems getting
> the DirectoryGenerator to display anything more than the contents of the
> current directory. I can't seem to get the depth attribute to do anything.

we never had any problem with it.

> I modified my just installed sitemap directory matching to look like this:
>
>   <map:match pattern="**/">
>    <map:generate src="{1}" type="directory">             <map:parameter
> name="depth" value="3"/>
>    </map:generate>
>      <map:transform src="stylesheets/system/directory2html.xsl"/>
>    <map:serialize/>            </map:match>
>
> now shouldn't I be seeing 3 levels deep into the directory tree?
> does directory2html.xsl not allow for more than one level?
> how can I see the sax events being served to the xsl page to know where
> the problem is?

Simply remove the transformer and change the type of the serializer to xml.

Joerg

Re: embedding graphics

Posted by joni santoso <st...@plasa.com>.
On Fri, 14 Feb 2003 20:46:07 +0100
  "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de> wrote:
>joni santoso wrote:
>>could you give me the snippets please.
>
>I was just reminded that this works only with text, not
>with graphics.

well now at last i know that is not doable.

thx
Meriahkan Hari Kasih Sayang dengan mengirimkan Kartu Elektronik PlasaCom kepada kerabat dan teman yang Anda kasihi !
Pilih kartu favorit Anda di Polling Lomba Desain Kartu Tema Valentine
di http://kartu.plasa.com/lomba/

Re: embedding graphics

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
joni santoso wrote:
> could you give me the snippets please.

I was just reminded that this works only with text, not with graphics.

> do i need to map the images to the sitemap?

No.

> btw, is there a dtd/schema for xsl-fo document so that someone can know
> what elements/attributes can be inside an element?

Get a FOP distribution, you'll find both a XSD and a DTD. Also
check the spec
  http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/
the reference at zvon
  http://zvon.org
and the list of FOP limitations
  http://xml.apache.org/fop

J.Pietschmann

Re: embedding graphics

Posted by joni santoso <st...@plasa.com>.

Re: embedding graphics

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
joni santoso wrote:
> 1. I tried to overlap several images (please see the fo file below). I
> want to make images gigi1.jpg and gl.jpg overlapped. However, it seems
> that it is not doable. Is it?

There are at least two possiblities:
- absolutely positioned block-containers
- put the images in two adjacent table cells and make
   the first cell narrow so that the image within overflows
   into the next cell.

> (Sorry if this question may actually be
> fit to ask in fop-user but maybe anyone here knows it).
Fop-user would be a better place.

embedding graphics

Posted by joni santoso <st...@plasa.com>.
Hi,

I have asked this question before using other subject.

Here are my problems :

1. I tried to overlap several images (please see the fo
file below). I want to make images gigi1.jpg and gl.jpg
overlapped. However, it seems that it is not doable. Is
it? (Sorry if this question may actually be fit to ask in
fop-user but maybe anyone here knows it).

2. I have this fo file that works fine but when I put this
onto cocoon the pictures don't show up. What's wrong? The
images and the fo file are in the same directory. However,
I don't map any of these images just the fo file.

thx.

here are the fo :

<!--

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<fo:layout-master-set>

<fo:simple-page-master master-name="cover">
    <fo:region-body/>
</fo:simple-page-master>

</fo:layout-master-set>

<fo:page-sequence master-reference="cover">
    <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
       <fo:block background-color="aqua">
            <fo:inline font-style="italic"
background-color="green">Hey</fo:inline> is just a
<fo:inline font-weight="bold">test</fo:inline>.
       </fo:block>
       <fo:leader/>
       <fo:block background-color="yellow">
            <fo:external-graphic src="cc.jpg"/>