Posted to user@sqoop.apache.org by "arvind@cloudera.com" <ar...@cloudera.com> on 2011/12/07 18:30:25 UTC

Re: [sqoop-user] Problems in configuration of Sqoop setup

[Moving the thread to sqoop-user@incubator.apache.org. Please subscribe to
this list.]

This is likely because the HADOOP_HOME environment variable is pointing to
a version of Hadoop that does not have the necessary backports needed by
Sqoop. You can work around this issue by upgrading to Cloudera's
distribution (CDH). Alternatively you can wait for a resolution of
SQOOP-384 which will address this issue.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP-384

Thanks,
Arvind