Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org> on 2019/12/23 10:57:18 UTC

Thanks for the great Apache NetBeans year!

Hi all,

We've had a really excellent year, many thanks to each and every one of you.

The highlight undoubtedly was the fact that we became a top level Apache
project. That was an amazing achievement given the scale and complexity of
our project.

Also, a very significant highlight is our quarterly release cycle that has
set us up for steady progress over the years ahead, many thanks to Neil C
Smith for driving this.

Note that there is a completely new NetBeans book set to be released soon,
many thanks to John Kostaras for getting this done:

https://www.apress.com/gp/book/9781484253694

As well as a room at FOSDEM in Brussels in February where NetBeans will be
well represented, please consider joining us, it's a free event, and an
opportunity to meet NetBeans (and many other) developers from around the
world:

https://fosdem.org/2020/schedule/track/free_tools_and_editors/

Kind regards and onwards to another great Apache NetBeans year in 2020!

Geertjan
Apache PMC Chair
on behalf of the Apache NetBeans PMC