Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by wesleywj2 <we...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2011/12/09 08:47:40 UTC

Accessing the problem on T5.1 regarding Locale switching

hi all,

i facing a very difficult situation where my application needs to switch
between locale of english and chinese.
my page has a tile like border component and a body. I implemented an
actionlink on the border component which can switch language. i successfully
switch the language from english to chinese, but the real problem is when i
navigate to other pages, it swithed back to english.

i override configuration under AppModule the method
"contributeApplicationDefaults"
and provide this:-

        configuration.add(SymbolConstants.SUPPORTED_LOCALES, "en,zh");

i code every properties file in UTF-8 file
format(app.properties,app_zh.properties), still it behave the same.
is this Tapestry 5.1's known bugs?

i tried to upgrade to T5.2 with spring 2.5 but it didn't even start
correctly on my app server tomcat 6 eventhough i follow the documentation
guide step by step.

please please advice, i'm running out of time and idea, please help me

wesley

Re: Accessing the problem on T5.1 regarding Locale switching

Posted by wesleywj2 <we...@yahoo.co.uk>.
hi angelo,

thanks much, it's really the link problem; thank you very much for pointing
out

Re: Accessing the problem on T5.1 regarding Locale switching

Posted by angelochen <an...@yahoo.com.hk>.
in tml file, you should use < a t:type="pagelink" page="..." >my link< />

Re: Accessing the problem on T5.1 regarding Locale switching

Posted by angelochen <an...@yahoo.com.hk>.
in your tml you should use   to generate links.

Re: Accessing the problem on T5.1 regarding Locale switching

Posted by wesleywj2 <we...@yahoo.co.uk>.
hi angelo,

thanks for the quick reply, you pointed it, my url has "zh" when locale took
place, when i click on the navigation , the zh disappear!, wonder why is
that? something i need to tweak on the navigation link? perhaps? a symbol?

Re: Accessing the problem on T5.1 regarding Locale switching

Posted by angelochen <an...@yahoo.com.hk>.
if you put the locale in url:

http://sample.com/zh then all the links in the page has 'zh' as part of the
url? example:
http://sample.com/zh/page2

Re: Accessing the problem on T5.1 regarding Locale switching

Posted by Geoff Callender <ge...@gmail.com>.
Do these help?

	http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart/examples/localization/bymessagecatalog
	http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart/examples/localization/bytemplate