Posted to users@rave.apache.org by Darren Bond <db...@globalcad.com> on 2013/11/21 23:16:35 UTC

Gadget Content - Reloading/Refreshing on Move

Dear All,

We have developed a gadget solution initially using Shindig with ASP.NET
pages. The beta site can be seen here http://beta.blueg.com

We are using the http://jqueryui.com/sortable/ jquery plugin for gadget drag
and drop.

However, we are having some issues when gadgets are re-positioned on the
page and wondered if such issues had previously been encountered whilst
developing Rave? Initially when this occurred under IE, gadgets would lose
their data and consequently appear collapsed (IE displayed several error
messages such as 'unescape' is undefined).

It transpires this was likely a problem relating to moving iFrames in the
DOM, similar to the issue described here

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8389261/ie9-throws-exceptions-when-loadin
g-scripts-in-iframe-why

We've made some changes to successfully remove the IE errors by clearing
gadget content during each move operation. We did so with reference to this
article
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg622929(v=VS.85).aspx?ppud=4

However, the above solution is unsatisfactory since each time users move a
gadget, its content is re-loaded.

Can anyone help with a coding sample that achieves the movement of gadgets
without the need to clear gadget content and which also works under IE?

Your help is much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Darren

Re: Gadget Content - Reloading/Refreshing on Move

Posted by Matt Franklin <m....@gmail.com>.
Some of iGoogle's gadgets were inlined with Caja.  Those are probably the
ones you have seen

Posted by Matt Franklin <m....@gmail.com>.
Hi Darren,