Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by GW <th...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/25 02:03:00 UTC

issues doing a spatial query

I was not getting the results I expected so I started testing with the solr
webclient

Maybe I don;t understand things.

simple test query

q=*:*&fq=locations:[49,-92 TO 50,-93]

I don't understand why I get a result set for longitude range -92 to -93
but should be zero results as far as I understand.

{
  "responseHeader": {
    "status": 0,
    "QTime": 2,
    "params": {
      "q": "*:*",
      "indent": "true",
      "fq": "locations:[49,-92 TO 50,-93]",
      "wt": "json",
      "_": "1461541195102"
    }
  },
  "response": {
    "numFound": 85,
    "start": 0,
    "docs": [
      {
        "id": "data.spidersilk.co!337",
        "entity_id": "337",
        "type_id": "simple",
        "gender": "Male",
        "name": "Aviator Sunglasses",
        "short_description": "A timeless accessory staple, the
unmistakable teardrop lenses of our Aviator sunglasses appeal to
everyone from suits to rock stars to citizens of the world.",
        "description": "Gunmetal frame with crystal gradient
polycarbonate lenses in grey. ",
        "size": "",
        "color": "",
        "zdomain": "magento.spidersilk.co",
        "zurl":
"http://magento.spidersilk.co/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/337/s/aviator-sunglasses/",
        "main_image_url":
"http://magento.spidersilk.co/media/catalog/product/cache/0/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/a/c/ace000a_1.jpg",
        "keywords": "Eyewear  ",
        "data_size": "851,564",
        "category": "Eyewear",
        "final_price_without_tax": "295,USD",
        "image_url": [
          "http://magento.spidersilk.co/media/catalog/product/a/c/ace000a_1.jpg",
          "http://magento.spidersilk.co/media/catalog/product/a/c/ace000b_1.jpg"
        ],
        "locations": [
          "37.4463603,-122.1591775",
          "42.5857514,-82.8873787",
          "41.6942622,-86.2697108",
          "49.8522263,-97.1390697"
        ],
        "_version_": 1532418847465799700
      },

Thanks,

GW

Re: issues doing a spatial query

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Where is the doc that's "somewhere online"? One of the
issues I face constantly is knowing what _current_
information is. Lots of posts out there are perfectly
correct at the time they were written, but haven't been
updated.

Best,
Erick

Posted by GW <th...@gmail.com>.