Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Alan Treece <Aj...@Sun.COM> on 2008/04/14 02:24:36 UTC

Export Control Classification Number (ECCN) and Struts v1.3.x

Folks...

Been searching the Apache web site and the archives, but haven't found
anything yet... I'm using Struts v1.3.x in an application and I'm
being asked to verify the export classification of Struts. Is there
documentation somewhere where I can determine this classification?
Or... if this has not been done to whom should I request this process
to begin?

Thanks, ajTreece

Re: Export Control Classification Number (ECCN) and Struts v1.3.x

Posted by Jeromy Evans <je...@blueskyminds.com.au>.
Alan Treece wrote:
> Folks...
>
> Been searching the Apache web site and the archives, but haven't found
> anything yet... I'm using Struts v1.3.x in an application and I'm
> being asked to verify the export classification of Struts. Is there
> documentation somewhere where I can determine this classification?
> Or... if this has not been done to whom should I request this process
> to begin?

http://www.apache.org/licenses/exports/

Extract from this reference:

Each ASF product is classified
<http://www.bis.doc.gov/licensing/exportingbasics.htm> with an Export
Control Classification Number (ECCN) if it is believed to correspond to
an entry in the Commerce Control List (CCL) and subject to the EAR. All
ASF software is published in a publicly available source code form.
Since publicly available software is only subject to the EAR
<http://www.access.gpo.gov/bis/ear/txt/734.txt> when it is classified as
ECCN 5D002 or 5D992
<http://www.access.gpo.gov/bis/ear/txt/ccl5-pt2.txt>, all ASF software
product versions that do not fit those two classifications are noted as
ECCN "n/a" (not applicable) or not included in the matrix.

Re: Export Control Classification Number (ECCN) and Struts v1.3.x

Posted by Al Sutton <al...@alsutton.com>.
Export classification from which country?

As you're from Sun I assume you might be talking about the US. In which case
Struts doesn't contain any cryptographic algorithms so (as far as I'm aware)
it doesn't need a classification.

Al.