Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by "M. Fioretti" <mf...@nexaima.net> on 2013/12/12 15:33:10 UTC

what happened to www.ooocon.org?

AS per subject. There were lots of good stuff there, was it migrated
elsewhere online?

Thanks,
Marco

RE: what happened to www.ooocon.org?

Posted by Doug Hovelson <do...@msn.com>.
Good quote from Orwell. - Doug

Posted by Fernando Cassia <fc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Peter Junge <pe...@gmx.org>.
Looks like I have never answered that.

I don't know what has happened to the site as a whole. I have an archive
with most videos and presentations that were published, I assume > 80%.
The problem is that these are tons of GB. My upstream connection in
Beijing isn't sufficient for that and while I'm in Germany I'm using a
mobile 3G package with limited volume.

I will try to copy it all on a hard disk and giving it to one of our
community members in Hamburg next time when I'm in Germany but that
might need to wait half a year or longer.

/Peter

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.
I know the application was abandoned on one of the servers. As for the
domain, i don't know but probably it was expired. There was some work done
to recover the videos on kiberpipa and other venues, it was mildly
succesful but the videos were never put together into one location.

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 8:33 AM, M. Fioretti <mf...@nexaima.net> wrote:

> AS per subject. There were lots of good stuff there, was it migrated
> elsewhere online?
>
> Thanks,
> Marco

Alexandro Colorado