Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mike - EMAIL IGNORED <m_...@yahoo.com> on 2006/06/14 15:34:38 UTC

[users@httpd] logging access via Indexes

On one of my directories, I have:
   Options -All SymLinksIfOwnerMatch Indexes
and there is a large tree accessible thereby.
I see, however, that the log does not record
any directory or file access utilizing the
Indexes option.  Is there a way to make this
happen?
Thanks for your help,
Mike.

[users@httpd] Re: logging access via Indexes

Posted by Mike - EMAIL IGNORED <m_...@yahoo.com>.
On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 13:16:46 -0400, Joshua Slive wrote:

> On 6/14/06, Mike - EMAIL IGNORED <m_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> On one of my directories, I have:
>>    Options -All SymLinksIfOwnerMatch Indexes
>
> The "-All" is redundant.  See the documentation of the Options
> directive.  It starts by resetting to none and then adding the listed
> options unless ALL the options use +/-.
>
>> and there is a large tree accessible thereby.
>> I see, however, that the log does not record
>> any directory or file access utilizing the
>> Indexes option.  Is there a way to make this
>> happen?
>
> I'm not sure exactly what this question means.  Apache logs requests.
> When somebody requests this directory, there should be a single
> request logged.  There will not be logs for the files and directories
> within this directory unless they are requested (clicked on) by the
> client.
>
> Joshua.

[...]

Yes, I see that now. For some reason I didn't see it before.
Sorry for the unnecessary question.
Mike.

Re: [users@httpd] logging access via Indexes

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.