Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Miles Egan <mi...@caddr.com> on 2003/09/30 19:48:50 UTC

weird problem with action link

I'm experiencing some inconsistent behavior with an ActionLink that I'm
at a loss to explain.

I'm writing a little web store app.  Each page has a bottom border with
ActionLinks that represent product categories.  The listener for the
ActionLinks uses the RequestCycle object to get a handle to the product
display page, sets the new category to display as a parameter of that
page, and then calls cycle.activate() on the page.

The strange thing is that this works the first time a user clicks on one
of the action links, but if the user then clicks on another of the links
from the product display page the ActionLink listener is never called
and the category property is never set and Tapestry bombs out when
trying to access the null property.

Is there anything special I need to do to make two ActionLink clicks in
succession work?

--
Miles Egan <mi...@caddr.com>

Re: weird problem with action link

Posted by Darren Foltinek <da...@frontrange.ca>.
I replaced all ActionLinks with DirectLinks and similar weird problems went
away.

-- Darren