Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rick Dettwyler <rd...@pgamlp.com> on 2006/11/15 19:18:40 UTC

Autodeploy fails

I have tomcat 5.5 working on both linux and Windows. I am using the
default configuration. When I copy a WAR file to webapps/, it will be
autodeployed successfully but only the first time. If I "touch" that
same WAR file, the autodeploy will fail, as it leaves the
webapps/[appname]/[appname].log file, which it cannot remove, and won't
deploy, as the target directory already exists. I have to
stop tomcat, remove that file, then restart tomcat, touch the WAR file
again and only then will it autodeploy. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

RDettwyler

RE: Autodeploy fails

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Rick Dettwyler [mailto:rdettwyler@pgamlp.com]
> Subject: Autodeploy fails
>
> If I "touch" that same WAR file, the autodeploy will fail,
> as it leaves the webapps/[appname]/[appname].log file

Is your webapp writing to its own deployment directory?  If so, that's
really a bad idea.  What would happen if the .war were not expanded?

In any event, you could put in a listener for your webapp, and have it
close and remove the extra file you created.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.