Posted to kerby@directory.apache.org by Brian Vetter <bj...@hypori.com> on 2017/02/25 14:51:28 UTC

kerby client on Android for SPNEGO authenticator for Chrome?

Anyone look at porting or using kerby to implement a SPNEGO authenticator for Chrome on Android? The Chromium team enabled the configuration of external authenticators for their Android version to support SPNEGO in particular. That said, there isn’t a kerberos client library available on Android AFAIK.

Has anyone attempted to port kerby to Android? Any known gotchas or dependencies that also need to be ported, or should I look at other alternatives for kerberos on Android?

RE: kerby client on Android for SPNEGO authenticator for Chrome?

Posted by "Zheng, Kai" <ka...@intel.com>.
Kerby was initiated with Android platform (Java environment) kept in mind, the client library is rather lightweight and should be easy to port. We haven't got it done yet, if you would have a try, the target module should be kerb-client (along with its deps). But if you meant for a native (C/C++) client library, Kerby shouldn't be the case, and you can look at MIT Kerberos.

Regards,
Kai