Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Jeff Clay <Je...@cyient.com> on 2015/09/29 16:40:22 UTC

Documentation change needed

Just going through the installation process. I was shown this link (http://openmeetings.apache.org/MySQLConfig.html) by the installer page to configure mysql on my server. However, the instructions on that page aren't entirely accurate. So far, I've determine that the following does NOT need to happen:

    Rename:
    $red5/webapps/openmeetings/WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/mysql_persistence.xml
    $red5/webapps/openmeetings/WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/persistence.xml

If you make that change as requested then the installer gives an error saying that mysql_persistence.xml cannot be found. I had fortunately backed up both files before modifying. I put the mysql file back to it's original name and edited the password field, I changed the original persistence.xml back and the "check" button on the database page no longer gives errors.

________________________________

DISCLAIMER:

This email may contain confidential information and is intended only for the use of the specific individual(s) to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized use, dissemination or copying of this email or the information contained in it or attached to it is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender at Cyient and delete the original message.

RE: Documentation change needed

Posted by Jeff Clay <Je...@cyient.com>.
Not a problem. I’ll submit any updates that I come across. I’ll be working on integrating with an external asterisk server today, so that’s where I’ll be focused at for now, then next step is LDAP.

yes, the installation process was improved a lot :)
actually no manual file modifications are required anymore :)
would appreciate if you can provide the changes need to be made in any form, I'll update the site :)

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Documentation change needed