Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by "Adaryl \"Bob\" Wakefield, MBA" <ad...@hotmail.com> on 2014/08/19 09:41:45 UTC

multi tenancy with cassandra

Since Cassandra doesn't store it's data in HDFS, is it possible to install
Cassandra on the same boxes that are running Hadoop? What I'm really asking
is, does HDFS just take over the entire disk or just a segment? Is there
something I'm missing in the understanding of HDFS? I've been thinking about
it like DOS. Is that an incorrect analogy?

Adaryl "Bob" Wakefield, MBA
Principal
Mass Street Analytics
913.938.6685
www.linkedin.com/in/bobwakefieldmba
Twitter: @BobLovesData

Re: multi tenancy with cassandra

Posted by Adam Retter <ad...@googlemail.com>.
HDFS is a really a filesystem on top of a traditional filesystem. HDFS is
just a folder with files in it (and this may occur on each node in your
hadoop cluster).

Posted by Adam Retter <ad...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Adam Retter <ad...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Adam Retter <ad...@googlemail.com>.