Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Rocke Robertson <Ro...@PWGSC.GC.CA> on 2004/03/25 19:59:13 UTC

[users@httpd] apache 2.0.49 and suexec / SSI's

Hello list.

I have suexec working for the most part quite well under solaris 7, with apache 2.0.49. The CGI's work fine and get logged to the suexec log file. The SSI's work, but dont appear to be run by the suexec. I know the SSI's are not being exec'd by suexec because 1) its not being logged, 2) I have broken every suexec rule for permission's on the SSI's for suexec to work.

The apache docs for suexec state:

The suEXEC feature provides Apache users the ability to run CGI and SSI programs under user IDs different
from the user ID of the calling web-server.

Further down in the docs:

Requests for CGI programs will call the suEXEC wrapper only if they are for a virtual host containing a
SuexecUserGroup directive

This doesn't say anything about SSI's.... hmmm. Does this mean there is another setting for SSI's ?

So, my conf file has:

		SuexecUserGroup rocker unts
		Options +Includes
                        AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .html
                        DirectoryIndex  index.html index.php index.htm

I need suexec to work with SSI's. What have I messed up ?

Thanks in advance.

~rocker

Re: [users@httpd] apache 2.0.49 and suexec / SSI's

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Thu, 25 Mar 2004, Rocke Robertson wrote:
> I have suexec working for the most part quite well under solaris 7, with
> apache 2.0.49. The CGI's work fine and get logged to the suexec log
> file. The SSI's work, but dont appear to be run by the suexec. I know
> the SSI's are not being exec'd by suexec because 1) its not being
> logged, 2) I have broken every suexec rule for permission's on the SSI's
> for suexec to work.

I haven't tried suexec with ssi, but it should work.

Are you using "include virtual" for your ssi?  That is the safest bet,
since it uses almost the same execution path as normal cgi scripts.

Joshua.