Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk> on 2004/10/01 19:00:39 UTC

Re: [Axis2] Axis for Tiger and SAAJ NG early, early edition

Hi Ias,

Is this an Axis2 prototype? If so then are you actually sort
of "releasing" it??

Sanjiva.

Posted by Ias <ia...@hotmail.com>.
> Hi Ias,

Hi Sanjiva,

> Is this an Axis2 prototype? If so then are you actually sort
> of "releasing" it??

Axis for Tiger could be helpful to Axis 2 prototypers, but is not an Axis 2
prototype. Therefore, I don't think I released one :-) As I said before, the
reason why I brought Axis for Tiger into light is to show Axis developers
and users buildability of Axis based on Tiger.

By the way, I'm considering JAX-RPC 2 part and SAAJ NG part as extensions of
Axis 2, i.e., not core Axis 2. In perspective of layers,

[JAXB 2 API + Impl ( < 0.5MB ?)] (outside Axis 2 project)
JAX-RPC 2 API + Impl (  < 0.5MB ?)
SAAJ NG API + Impl ( < 0.5MB ?)
Axis 2 Core ( < 1 MB expected)

If we achieve the above, a user can just choose (very very light) Axis 2
core or (still reasonably light) Axis 2 with Java standards for client
platform.

Axis for Tiger is going to demonstrate how Axis core can become compact
without JAX-RPC and SAAJ layers, I mean.

Thanks for your question,

Ias