Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Hewitt, Christopher" <Ch...@tdsecurities.com> on 2005/04/22 16:10:15 UTC

Axis Client under WL 8.1 - Just can't get it working 100%

Hi,

Can someone please help me out with regard to an Axis client running under WebLogic 8.1 ?
I've scoured the mailing lists and google for solutions on the topic, but everything I try still falls short.

The issue in question is weblogic's xml parser implementation (I think).  WebLogic always seems to end up using its own parser when handling responses.  Most of the time, things work anyway, except for tons of exceptions being logged at the Debug level.  But occasionally, there are serious errors when processing responses which result in real failures.

2 Main things I have tried:
- put xerces, saaj, and jaxrpc all ahead of webservices.jar in the classpath
- setting up an XML registry to try to force WL to use xerces (Doc.Builder, SAX Parser)

But I still get seemingly random errors such as the following:

XMLUtils  - Failed to set Entity
Resolver to null on DocumentBuilder
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at weblogic.xml.jaxp.ChainingEntityResolver.popEntityResolver(ChainingEntityResolver.java:61)
        at weblogic.xml.jaxp.RegistryDocumentBuilder.setEntityResolver(RegistryDocumentBuilder.java:168)
        at org.apache.axis.utils.XMLUtils.releaseDocumentBuilder(XMLUtils.java:252)
        at org.apache.axis.utils.XMLUtils.newDocument(XMLUtils.java:342)
        at org.apache.axis.message.SOAPDocumentImpl.<init>(SOAPDocumentImpl.java:70)
        at org.apache.axis.message.MessageElement.getOwnerDocument(MessageElement.java:2133)
        at org.apache.axis.message.MessageElement.addTextNode(MessageElement.java:1387)
        at org.apache.axis.message.RPCParam.addTextNode(RPCParam.java:227)
        at org.apache.axis.message.RPCParam.<init>(RPCParam.java:81)
        at org.apache.axis.message.RPCParam.<init>(RPCParam.java:92)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Call.getParamList(Call.java:2059)
        at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClientProxy.invoke(AxisClientProxy.java:163)
        at $Proxy9.execute(Unknown Source)

If anyone can help me prevent weblogic from imposing its own parser on my app, it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Chris

christopher.hewitt@tdsecurities.com