Posted to ruleqa@spamassassin.apache.org by Marc Andre Selig <a2...@sedacon.com> on 2012/10/04 12:22:34 UTC

Re: Net checks not running: no output; exit code 141 from mass-check

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 12:18:46PM -0400, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
> On 9/8/2012 7:49 PM, Marc Andre Selig wrote:

> >Yesterday was the second time the weekly --net check has not run for me.
> >No log files were created at all.
> >
> >Trying to debug things, I just ran the mass-check command individually
> >(with the options as assembled by auto-mass-check.sh), but I got no output
> >at all, with no files being created either, and mass-check exited with
> >a return code of 141 after maybe two seconds of waiting.

I still don't receive any --net results.

A manual invocation of mass-check fails the first time around, then
succeeds when called again immediately.  Which makes the error kind of
difficult to debug. ;)

> I don't know what a return code of 141 means and I didn't see
> anything obvious.
>
> Can you run an strace on the command next time and perhaps that will
> shed more light?

strace shows that mass-check dies after receiving a SIGPIPE signal (well,
141-128=13=SIGPIPE).  If I read things correctly, a cloudmark (razor)
server resets the connection, then mass-check still tries to write
to the corresponding fd, resulting in a broken pipe error and signal.
Sorry, but there's not much time left for me now, so I can't debug this
any further at the moment.

I might be misinterpreting things anyway, as this is not my
primary line of work.  I've put the strace output online at
<http://www.sedacon.com/private/masscheck-121004.strace.bz2>, in case
anybody else wants to have a look.

Regards,
Marc

Re: Net checks not running: no output; exit code 141 from mass-check

Posted by Axb <ax...@gmail.com>.
On 10/04/2012 12:22 PM, Marc Andre Selig wrote:

> I might be misinterpreting things anyway, as this is not my
> primary line of work.  I've put the strace output online at
> <http://www.sedacon.com/private/masscheck-121004.strace.bz2>, in case
> anybody else wants to have a look.

I admit that straces are usually above myknowledge or patience to google
thru the results...

gut feeling tells me that possibly IDS, overzealous proxy or some other
"intruder" in the net path is borking the Razor requests.