Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/01 12:43:56 UTC

Re: xpath expression extractor?

Turns out it was quite easy.

The latest nightly (2-1.20060401 or later) allows for extraction of a
list of nodes; it sets the variables like Regex Extractor. See
documentation for details

S.
On 31/03/06, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I expect that might be possible, but I don't know what the API provides.
>
> Have you tried to see what happens?
>
> Maybe it would create a list that you could parse with the __split()
> function - at least for the time being.
>
> The Java Sampler is useful for displaying the value of variables.
>
> S.
> On 30/03/06, Garry L. Thompson <ga...@attensa.com> wrote:
> > Cool, I just downloaded the latest nightly build and sure enough there is an
> > xpath extractor post processor. Is there any plans to add the multiple
> > matching functionality that you get with the regular expression extractor?
> >
> > For instance, if you use wild cards in an xpath expression which then returns
> > multiple values. (e.g /node/node[*]/name[contains(.,"Fred")]) could easily
> > return multiple values. In this case what value would you get? I guess I
> > could wrapper this inside a loop with a counter to do this myself but I
> > really like the multiple matching stuff in the regular expression extractor.
> >
> > Thanks...
> >
> > On Wednesday 29 March 2006 14:34, sebb wrote:
> > > There is an XPath Extractor in the forthcoming 2.1.2 version - if you
> > > want to try it out, download a recent nightly build.
> > >
> > > You need both the _bin and _lib archives; unpack them into the same
> > > directory structure.
> > >
> > > It's documented in the component_reference page.
> > >
> > > Please let us know if this fits your needs or not.
> > >
> > > S.

Re: xpath expression extractor?

Posted by gt...@attensa.com.
Awesome! This is exactly what I am looking for. I really appreciate you
doing this it. I'll check it out today!

I owe you a beer :-)