Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by BALA KRISHNA <eb...@yahoo.com> on 2002/04/18 02:02:05 UTC

questions on runservertasks task...

Hi,

I find that testTarget gets executed before the
"startTarget" finishes the server start task. At
times, when running only couple of tests, it even
calls "stopTarget" before the server starts and
therefore, build hangs.

I also noticed that the testTarget starts during the
stage after server loads the webapps and is starting
to deploy the EJBs. I am not sure if this is a
coincidence!!

Is there a way to avoid this?

Another related question is if the testURL is set to a
servlet/jsp which takes time to load, build hangs and
keeps trying testURL. It doesnt end even stop after a
reasonable time by which I think the servlet would
have finished loading.

I am using cactus 1.2 and Jboss2.2.2 with Tomcat
3.2.2.

Thanks,
balki

RE: questions on runservertasks task...

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.

This is normally not possible unless you've specified a wrong URL. The
runservertasks polls this URL and starts the tests when it succeeds
calling the URL. Thus it is advised to make the testURL points to a URL
within your webapp context.

> At
> times, when running only couple of tests, it even
> calls "stopTarget" before the server starts and
> therefore, build hangs.

Probably same as above.

> I also noticed that the testTarget starts during the
> stage after server loads the webapps and is starting
> to deploy the EJBs. I am not sure if this is a
> coincidence!!
>
> Is there a way to avoid this?

Yes, see above. What is the testURL you're using ?

> Another related question is if the testURL is set to a
> servlet/jsp which takes time to load, build hangs and
> keeps trying testURL. It doesnt end even stop after a
> reasonable time by which I think the servlet would
> have finished loading.
>
> I am using cactus 1.2 and Jboss2.2.2 with Tomcat
> 3.2.2.

try calling the URL from a browser and see what it says.

-Vincent

> Thanks,
> balki

> help@jakarta.apache.org>