Posted to dev@slider.apache.org by Rajesh Kartha <ka...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/24 01:17:01 UTC

Slider HBase stop question

Hi,

I am trying to understand the shutdown process in Slider and was playing
with the HBase Slider package.

I am able to deploy the HBase app without issues and do the start, stop,
flex etc..no issues there.

One thing I noticed is when the stop is issued, all the HBase components go
away and the respective HBase components like Region server etc,  logs does
not show the graceful shutdown messages that is typically seen.

While there is stop command in the hbase_service.py  script- I am not
seeing it being called.Does the Slider stop command simple requests the
containers to be killed ? How can one achieve a graceful shutdown of the
components ?

For example, in a normal HBase Region server shutdown outside of Slider
once can see messages like these:

2015-06-23 14:21:47,364 INFO  [RpcServer.responder] ipc.RpcServer:
RpcServer.responder: stopped
2015-06-23 14:21:47,364 INFO  [RpcServer.responder] ipc.RpcServer:
RpcServer.responder: stopping
2015-06-23 14:21:47,372 INFO  [regionserver/
bdavm001.svl.ibm.com/9.30.252.1:16020] zookeeper.ZooKeeper: Session:
0x24e09011902002b closed
2015-06-23 14:21:47,372 INFO  [main-EventThread] zookeeper.ClientCnxn:
EventThread shut down
2015-06-23 14:21:47,372 INFO  [regionserver/
bdavm001.svl.ibm.com/9.30.252.1:16020] regionserver.HRegionServer: stopping
server bdavm001.svl.ibm.com,16020,1435013574085; zookeeper connection
closed.
2015-06-23 14:21:47,372 INFO  [regionserver/
bdavm001.svl.ibm.com/9.30.252.1:16020] regionserver.HRegionServer:
regionserver/bdavm001.svl.ibm.com/9.30.252.1:16020 exiting
2015-06-23 14:21:47,372 INFO  [Thread-5] regionserver.ShutdownHook:
Starting fs shutdown hook thread.
2015-06-23 14:21:47,373 INFO  [Thread-5] regionserver.ShutdownHook:
Shutdown hook finished.

Am I missing any settings ? Please share your thoughts/suggestions.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Re: Slider HBase stop question

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.