Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Terry <te...@yahoo.com.au> on 2012/01/04 06:10:03 UTC

Home page direction OpenOffice.org

Hello.  I am not subscribed to the list but I follow posts in a news reader.

I wondered why questions about user and issue subjects have recently been sent to the dev list.

My guess is the following leading item in the right sidebar of the home page:

<quote>
www.openoffice.org is now hosted by the Apache Software Foundation

The website has migrated to infrastructure hosted by the Apache Software Foundation. Contact the Development Mailing List if you have questions or comments
</quote>

Some re-wording is necessary.

Regards.

Re: Home page direction OpenOffice.org

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
On Jan 3, 2012, at 9:10 PM, Terry wrote:

> Hello.  I am not subscribed to the list but I follow posts in a news reader.
>
> I wondered why questions about user and issue subjects have recently been sent to the dev list.
>
> My guess is the following leading item in the right sidebar of the home page:
>
> <quote>
> www.openoffice.org is now hosted by the Apache Software Foundation
>
> The website has migrated to infrastructure hosted by the Apache Software Foundation. Contact the Development Mailing List if you have questions or comments
> </quote>
>
> Some re-wording is necessary.

There was no real consensus on the wording so I exercised JFDI earlier today.

It is now:

"The website has migrated to infrastructure hosted by the Apache Software Foundation. Join the Users Mailing List
or User Forums if you have questions or comments."

Unfortunately the user forums currently have a couple of branding issues that need be fixed. That's another thread.

Regards,
Dave