Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Todd Tomkinson <To...@C-IV.org> on 2004/03/10 00:19:20 UTC

[users@httpd] Does %T in mod_log_config include network transmission to client?

Hello all,

I am trying to get more information on the %T LogFormat argument in the Apache 1.3 mod_log_config module.  The documentation gives the following explanation:

"The time taken to serve the request, in seconds."

Does this time include the network transmission to the client?  In other words, does Apache wait for the client to acknowledge receipt of the resource before logging the transaction?

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks,

-Todd

Re: [users@httpd] Does %T in mod_log_config include network transmission to client?

Posted by Aurélien DEHAY <au...@ext.anpe.fr>.
Todd Tomkinson wrote:
> Hello all,

Hello.

> I am trying to get more information on the %T LogFormat argument in the Apache 1.3 mod_log_config module.  The documentation gives the following explanation:
>
> "The time taken to serve the request, in seconds."

 From my experience, I think (and I'm quite sure), it's from the first
bit to the last bit SENT by Apache. The client acknowlegde (which one,
indeed? TCP?) is not include.

--
Aurélien DEHAY
01 49 31 95 02