Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Bertrand Tignon <be...@capgemini.com> on 2005/07/28 17:21:18 UTC

Slide API contribution : How does it work ?

Dear Slide developers,

This year, during my end-of-studies internship, I had been working on Slide.
The goal was to develop a document library based on Slide. Therefore, I used Slide webdav client API, but it
is too much low-level.
That's why I ended up building another API based on Slide client API. I can't say it's really well done
because I'm far from a Slide expert, but it gives developers an easiest way to create/modify documents,
create/modify metadata, create/modify folders, create/modify users & roles, and manage ACL.

Question is : I'd like to know if the "Slide Community" would appreciate to get this API, and if it can be
considered like a contribution to the Slide project.

Thanx for your replies..

Bertrand.

Re: Slide API contribution : How does it work ?

Posted by Geoff Howard <ge...@gmail.com>.
Can you clarify how your approach is different than the WCK work
already in slide?

Thanks,
Geoff (a lurker)

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <ol...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bertrand!

Posted by Thomas Bellembois <th...@univ-rennes1.fr>.
Hi Bertrand,

I am not a Slide developer (I am just working on a Slide based project)
but I would be interested in having a look at your API.

Regards,

Thomas

Bertrand Tignon wrote:

>Dear Slide developers,
>
>This year, during my end-of-studies internship, I had been working on Slide.
>The goal was to develop a document library based on Slide. Therefore, I used Slide webdav client API, but it
>is too much low-level.
>
>That's why I ended up building another API based on Slide client API. I can't say it's really well done
>because I'm far from a Slide expert, but it gives developers an easiest way to create/modify documents,
>create/modify metadata, create/modify folders, create/modify users & roles, and manage ACL.
>
>Question is : I'd like to know if the "Slide Community" would appreciate to get this API, and if it can be
>considered like a contribution to the Slide project.
>
>Thanx for your replies..
>
>Bertrand.
>

>This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the Capgemini Group. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient,  you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate,  distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this  message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all  copies of this message.

+---=(    Thomas Bellembois    )=---+
| CRI - University of Rennes 1 - FR |
| thomas.bellembois@univ-rennes1.fr |
| +33 2 23 23 69 60                 |

RE: Slide API contribution : How does it work ?

Posted by Raman Sandhu <ra...@adeptia.com>.
Hi Bertrand

If you can share code for the ACL on folders based on user it will give me
great help.

Thanks
Raman