Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by chitraa <ac...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/26 03:09:34 UTC

Re: Cannot override the isDisabled() method for the DirectLink component

Yea, thats in T4. I am not sure if I understand why disabled is marked as a
parameter for all link components? It seems to work fine for other form
components like Submit.

I tried to not define 'disable' as a parameter but to no luck :(

Hence, as a workaround:
1. I extended the ILinkComponent and created another abstract method. This
is so that the DefaultLinkRenderer class's renderLink() method can call the
new abstract method when it checks whether the DirectLink component fed into
it is disabled.
2. I also made my custom DirectLink component implement my extended
ILinkComponent class. This ensures that my custom DirectLink class has the
implementation of the abstract method i created in my custom ILinkComponent
class.

Its a little messy but it works. So, is this a bug in T4 that should be
reported?