Posted to dev@beehive.apache.org by Hoi Lam <hl...@bea.com> on 2004/10/04 23:34:06 UTC

Database Control

Hello,

I have started to develop a Database control for Beehive, and it is at a
state where it has a few basic features to offer now:

1. It has simple SQL support with parameter substitution by positions.

2. It supports the following return types: object, Iterator and arrays
of a user specified type, ResultSet, and HashMap.

3. It allows user to specify a maximum number of rows returned from the
database.

The Database control is currently hard coded to use the Apache Derby
Embedded Database Driver. (
http://incubator.apache.org/derby/index.html). It actually expects a
database URL from the jndiName member of the ConnectionDataSource
attribute at the moment. This will be corrected very soon.

Attached are the classes that make up the Database Control.  I will send
out a separate email with the test cases for this control.

Feedbacks and comments will be much appreciated.

Hoi