Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Marcin Okraszewski <ok...@o2.pl> on 2004/01/22 01:55:26 UTC

"multipart/form-data" and encoding problem !!

Hi,
I have a big problem!! I have changed "enctype" to "multipart/form-data"
in form definition and this caused problems with encoding characters -
instead of UTF-8 chars I receive "?"s.

Of course I have the form-encoding init parameter set to UTF-8. I tried
setting accept-charset="UTF-8", but it didn't help.

How can I fix it? Of course I need "multipart/form-data" to post files
to the server.

Regards,
Marcin Okraszewski

Re: "multipart/form-data" and encoding problem !!

Posted by Lionel Crine <cr...@4dconcept.fr>.
You modified the container-encoding only in the case you chose.

The container-encoding parameter is used to say to cocoon to encodethe
request String as UTF-8.
See the web.xml for more information.

At 16:46 22/01/2004 +0100, you wrote:
>I found that setting "container-encoding" in web.xml to utf-8 solves the
>problem. But I don't know if it will influce the system also in other way.
>
>Regards,
>Marcin Okraszewski
>
>>Hi,
>>I have a big problem!! I have changed "enctype" to "multipart/form-data"
>>in form definition and this caused problems with encoding characters -
>>instead of UTF-8 chars I receive "?"s.
>>Of course I have the form-encoding init parameter set to UTF-8. I tried
>>setting accept-charset="UTF-8", but it didn't help.
>>How can I fix it? Of course I need "multipart/form-data" to post files to
>>the server.
>>Regards,
>>Marcin Okraszewski

Lionel CRINE
Ingénieur Systèmes documentaires
Société : 4DConcept
22 rue Etienne de Jouy 78353 JOUY EN JOSAS
Tel : 01.34.58.70.70 Fax : 01.39.58.70.70

Re: "multipart/form-data" and encoding problem !!

Posted by Marcin Okraszewski <ok...@o2.pl>.

Posted by Marcin Okraszewski <ok...@o2.pl>.
OK, but now I suffer from other problem - forms that are sent with
default method (ie. enctype="application/x-www-form-urlencoded") has
encoding problems. Previously, when there was only "form-encoding" to
UTF-8 set, and "container-encoding" was left unchanged, everything was
fine. Now, no matter how I have the "form-encoding" set, there are
encoding problems. I have to send every form with "multipart/form-data" :-(

Posted by Marcin Okraszewski <ok...@o2.pl>.
But I don't mean the file (it is an image any way), but other text fields.

I don't use any custom generators.

Regards,
Marcin Okraszeszki

Posted by Lionel Crine <cr...@4dconcept.fr>.