Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Paul Phillips <pa...@partitura.com> on 2000/07/24 00:39:09 UTC

startup file

Hello, all,

I'm quite noew to modperl.  I've written a cgi, using cgi.pm that I am
moving to modperl.  The cgi is written as one main program, with a number
of subroutines spread across three libraries that are required into the
main program.

If I list the main program in my startup file, so it is loaded on server
startup, does it load the external libraries as well?

Paul Phillips
Director of Orchestral Activities, Meadows School of the Arts
Southern Methodist University

"You must sing every note you play, sing even through the rests!"
Arturo Toscanini

Re: startup file

Posted by David Hodgkinson <da...@hodgkinson.org>.
Paul Phillips <pa...@partitura.com> writes:

> Hello, all,
>
> I'm quite noew to modperl.  I've written a cgi, using cgi.pm that I am
> moving to modperl.  The cgi is written as one main program, with a number
> of subroutines spread across three libraries that are required into the
> main program.
>
> If I list the main program in my startup file, so it is loaded on server
> startup, does it load the external libraries as well?

Yes. But you need to use Apache::RegistryLoader to load the script.

--
Dave Hodgkinson,                             http://www.hodgkinson.org
Editor-in-chief, The Highway Star           http://www.deep-purple.com