Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Davide Giannella <da...@apache.org> on 2015/10/06 13:15:31 UTC

multiple releases at the same time

Good morning everyone,

it happened I had to perform 2 oak releases in the same day which ended
up in not being able as it's quite a long process to run all the UTs/ITs
and all the release steps and uploads.

I was therefore thinking about staring the process for both at the same
time. While I don't think we'll have problems with the commits or upload
bits, I'm slightly concerned around the UT/IT area. Specially Mongo and
RBD where the database could be shared across multiple runs.

How do we expect the tests to behave if we have more than one instance
of ITs/UTs running on the same machine? Are our tests considering such
scenario?

Cheers
Davide

Re: multiple releases at the same time

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.
On 2015-10-06 13:15, Davide Giannella wrote:
> Good morning everyone,
>
> it happened I had to perform 2 oak releases in the same day which ended
> up in not being able as it's quite a long process to run all the UTs/ITs
> and all the release steps and uploads.
>
> I was therefore thinking about staring the process for both at the same
> time. While I don't think we'll have problems with the commits or upload
> bits, I'm slightly concerned around the UT/IT area. Specially Mongo and
> RBD where the database could be shared across multiple runs.

The RDB related tests by default use a FS-based H2DB persistence,
relative to the project directory. So these are supposed to work.

Best regards, Julian

Re: multiple releases at the same time

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <mr...@adobe.com>.
Hi,

at least some of the current MongoDB ITs may fail because they
use a hardcoded database name. but this may be a good time to
fix the tests and make it possible to run tests concurrently.

Regards
 Marcel