Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by khamis0o <mo...@hotmail.com> on 2009/05/29 06:26:20 UTC

Re: nested loop view

Can you please share the solution?
I am doing something similar and I get java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: A
child with id 'reoirtItems' already exists

/*java*/
add(new ListView("reportList", reportVector) {
			public void populateItem(final ListItem listItem) {
				Vector<ReportItem> reportItems = ((ReportDAO) listItem
						.getModelObject()).getReportItems();
				add(new ListView("reportItems", reportItems) {
					protected void populateItem(final ListItem reportItem) {

						ReportItem item = (ReportItem) reportItem
								.getModelObject();
						int copyId = item.getCopyID();
						String image = item.getItemImage();
						String itemClass = item.getItemClass();
						String itemSubClass = item.getItemSubClass();
						String itemLocation = item.getItemLocation();
						String actionDate = item.getActionDate();
						String status = item.getState();
						String userID = item.getUserID();

						reportItem.add(new Label("image",
								(image == null) ? "Unavailable" : image));
						reportItem
								.add(new Label(
										"itemClass",
										(itemClass.equals("NA") || itemClass == null) ? "Unavailable"
												: itemClass));
						reportItem.add(new Label("itemSubClass",
								(itemSubClass == null) ? "Unavailable"
										: itemSubClass));
						reportItem.add(new Label("itemLocation",
								(itemLocation == null) ? "Unavailable"
										: itemLocation));
						reportItem
								.add(new Label("actionDate",
										actionDate == null ? "Unavailable"
												: actionDate));
						reportItem.add(new Label("status",
								status == null ? "Unavailable" : status));
						reportItem.add(new Label("user",
								userID == null ? "Unavailable" : userID));
					}

				});

			}
		});
/*HTML*/

Sorry for posting my problem in your thread but i am a newbie here and i
can't get to subscribe in the mailing list so I can't post any threads..
Thanks for your understanding.. waiting for your reply.

Re: nested loop view

Posted by Luther Baker <lu...@gmail.com>.
In my case, I was adding something to 'this' instead of the parent / outer
item:

I think the line

        *add(new ListView("reportItems", reportItems) {*

is implicitly

        *this.add(new ListView("reportItems", reportItems) {*

and likely not what you want ... try changing it to

        *listItem*.add(new ListView("reportItems", reportItems) {

or in context:

add(new ListView("reportList", reportVector) {
                       public void populateItem(final ListItem listItem) {
                               Vector<ReportItem> reportItems = ((ReportDAO)
listItem

 .getModelObject()).getReportItems();
*                              listItem.add(new ListView("reportItems",
reportItems) {*

If that doesn't work for you - post the stack trace and try to match up the
line numbers to the source you've posted and someone here might spot the
problem.

-Luther