Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by ad...@gmail.com on 2009/01/26 16:41:17 UTC

Wicket placeholder for component causing invalid markup

Hi,

I have opened a thread with the same topic in the Wicket Users list, but
apparently this place is more suitable for this since we came to a
conclusion that the problem I'm facing cannot be solved without changing
some Wicket internals. Not to copy&paste here is the link to the thread on
Nabble:
http://www.nabble.com/Wicket-placeholder-for-%3Ctr%3E-component-causing-invalid-markup-td21663544.html

I think there would be a few ways to easily remedy the problem and the
easiest would be to allow to provide custom placeholder tags to be
provided. I would elaborate more on the different variants of the possible
solutions but I'd rather here what the core devs think about it. I
personally believe that supporting creation of validating markup should be
a priority of a web framework and here is a spot for small improvement.

Re: Wicket placeholder for component causing invalid markup

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
ooh, learn something new every day!

-igor

Posted by Arnout Engelen <ar...@bzzt.net>.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
adding the entire to tbody forces you to repaint all the rows, which

Posted by Arnout Engelen <ar...@bzzt.net>.
Hi,

Posted by the_adam <ad...@gmail.com>.
Hi!

igor.vaynberg wrote:

> done in trunk, see Component#renderPlaceholderTag

Thanks a bunch :)

Re: Wicket placeholder for component causing invalid markup

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.