Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by iwannaplay games <fu...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/18 12:40:44 UTC

Comparison of hbase/hadoop with sql server

Hi,

Can anyone give the clear idea about these comparisons on same hardware &
software configuration.

                                                         Sql server
hbase        hadoop+hbase
data compression                                     ?
?                    ?                              (yes/no,if all yes
where it is more effective)
Online back ups                                        ?
?                   ?
Security                                                   ?
?                     ?                       (which is more secure and
more controllable)
Batch Queries execution time                    ?
?                     ?                           (where time consumption
will b more for aggregates)

Let me know if i need to consider any benefit of hadoop/hbase over sql
server

Thanks & Regards
Prabhjot

Re: Comparison of hbase/hadoop with sql server

Posted by iwannaplay games <fu...@gmail.com>.
Ohh i am so sorry its hadoop +hive,hbase and sql server query performance
for
Comparison for 20 billion records aggregate query u can say for eg

select month,department,count(employee),sum(salary)
from company table
group by month,department

Posted by iwannaplay games <fu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by iwannaplay games <fu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by iwannaplay games <fu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Pavlis <da...@javlin.eu>.
Unsubscribe

unsubscribe

Posted by David Pavlis <da...@javlin.eu>.
Unsubscribe

unsubscribe

Posted by David Pavlis <da...@javlin.eu>.
Unsubscribe

unsubscribe

Posted by David Pavlis <da...@javlin.eu>.
Unsubscribe

Re: Comparison of hbase/hadoop with sql server

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Comparison of hbase/hadoop with sql server

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Comparison of hbase/hadoop with sql server

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Comparison of hbase/hadoop with sql server

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Comparison of hbase/hadoop with sql server

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Comparison of hbase/hadoop with sql server