Posted to user@olingo.apache.org by Alain <al...@gmail.com> on 2022/03/10 15:53:37 UTC

What is technical service (lib/tecsvc)

Searching through the code I found a lib called techsvc that doesn't seem
to be documented.

Finally found this JIRA issue:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OLINGO-266 where it is simply listed
as "Reference server implementation for a 4.0 server".

From what I've been gathering, this seems to be a reference implementation
and clearly that should be promoted as a key reference and starting point
along with the "great" tutorials that are out there on the site.

So what is it and why isn't there any information about that lib.

Cheers,
Alain

Re: What is technical service (lib/tecsvc)

Posted by Alain <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi Michael,

Thanks for the information. But as of now I've mainly reused and repurposed
the tecsvc for my implementation. I would say that the area that is a bit
more challenging (and was expected) is the DataProcessor since this is
quite different and tecsvc is really just hard-coded data that doesn't
mimic normal data fetching.

Cheers,
Alain

Posted by mibo <mi...@apache.org>.
Hi Daniel and Alain,

Posted by Alain <al...@gmail.com>.
Daniel,

Posted by Daniel Heid <ma...@daniel-heid.de>.
P.S.:

Posted by Daniel Heid <ma...@daniel-heid.de>.
Hi Alan,

to be honest: I don't like that part of the Olingo project. It's hard to
maintain all the "extras". I think it would be the best to split the Olingo
server and client libs from such exotic parts like the techsvc.

Best regards,

Daniel