Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <da...@iona.com> on 2006/10/09 21:48:36 UTC

[VOTE][RESULT] Officially rename the project to Apache CXF

This vote has passed with:    (using everyone on the initial commiter list
on the proposal as "binding" votes)

+1      (dkulp, ejohnson, asakala, dmoynihan, mlittle, bravi, pjones,
jjagielski, kconnor, willem, asmyth, proyal)  (nonbind: enolan,
snicholls)
+0      (ddiephouse)
0         (blin)
-1        (mgockel)

14 +1s (12 binding)
1 +0s (1 binding)
1 0s (1 binding)
1 -1 (1 binding)

Congrats!   We have a name, at least for now.     :-)

Dan

Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Officially rename the project to Apache CXF

Posted by Kevin Conner <Ke...@jboss.com>.
Christoph Sturm wrote:
> doesnt apache style voting work in a way that one -1 is a veto and
> thus the proposal cant be accepted?

I believe this is only true of code modifications.

	Kev

Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Officially rename the project to Apache CXF

Posted by Daniel Kulp <da...@iona.com>.
> On 10/9/06, Daniel Kulp <da...@iona.com> wrote:
> > 14 +1s (12 binding)
> > 1 +0s (1 binding)
> > 1 0s (1 binding)
> > 1 -1 (1 binding)
> >
> > Congrats!   We have a name, at least for now.     :-)
>
> doesnt apache style voting work in a way that one -1 is a veto and
> thus the proposal cant be accepted?

From:
http://apache.org/foundation/voting.html

Votes on procedural issues follow the common format of majority rule
unless otherwise stated. That is, if there are more favourable votes than
unfavorable ones, the issue is considered to have passed.

For the most part, there are only two votes where a -1 is a veto:

1) Code modifications - the -1 must also have a technical reason for the
veto.

2) In the Incubator, the iPMC can "veto" a release.   Like a code
modification, there should be a technical reason that the podling should
fix to turn the -1 into a +1.    Out of the incubator, a release isn't
veto-able.

Enjoy!

Posted by Christoph Sturm <ch...@gmail.com>.
hey

On 10/9/06, Daniel Kulp <da...@iona.com> wrote:

> 14 +1s (12 binding)
> 1 +0s (1 binding)
> 1 0s (1 binding)
> 1 -1 (1 binding)
>
> Congrats!   We have a name, at least for now.     :-)

doesnt apache style voting work in a way that one -1 is a veto and
thus the proposal cant be accepted?

regards
 chris