Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Archit Baweja <ar...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/18 23:24:41 UTC

Importing Tomcat 4-6 bugzilla information to another location for datamining for research

Hey guys,

My name is Archit Baweja and I'm currently pursuing a Master's degree
@ Drexel University. I'm helping Prof Giuseppe Valetto @ Drexel
University with a research project for which we're planning to use the
Tomcat project as a case study. For the purposes of the research we
will be data mining various developer databases like bugzilla, svn
commit history etc.

The reason for this mail is to get the contact information of the
maintainer of the bugzilla database for the tomcat project. I'm aware
of how to access bugzilla for Tomcat 4-6 via the web-interface, but as
a first step in our research we were hoping to copy over the bugzilla
database for tomcat 4, and tomcat 5 (all the bugs) to a local server
for further data mining.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance,
Archit Baweja

Re: Importing Tomcat 4-6 bugzilla information to another location for datamining for research

Posted by Archit Baweja <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hey Mark,

Thanks a lot for your quick response. I'm aware of the fact that
you're all volunteers (I've been involved with the Gnome project in my
high school days), so I'm aware of how sometimes help can be slow to
come by (priorities ofcourse). I will continue this discussion on
apache infrastructure end now.

Thanks a lot again,
Archit Baweja

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.