Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Frank W. Zammetti" <fz...@omnytex.com> on 2006/08/28 16:59:50 UTC

Taglib reference

Hi... I have what I hope is a stupid question... I very rarely use Struts
tags, but I need to on a project now... the people who originally put the
project together had the TLD's in WEB-INF, and we're now trying to remove
them... using Struts 1.2.9 at the moment... unfortunately I have to use
RAD for this... problem is, when I build, I'm getting an error in the JSP
for the taglib reference...

<%@ taglib uri="http://struts.apache.org/tags-bean" prefix="bean" %>

Some Googling seems to indicate that is correctm, yet RAD keeps saying
that URI isn't found (and when I try to pull it up in a browser it's a
404, so RAD seems to be right).  Can anyone point out my undoubtedly
stupid mistake?  Thanks!

Frank

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect

Re: Taglib reference

Posted by "Frank W. Zammetti" <fz...@omnytex.com>.
On Mon, August 28, 2006 11:19 am, Wendy Smoak wrote:
> It's not a URL, it's a URI. (Even though it *looks* like URL, it's
> never been reachable with a browser.)

Yeah, I realized that after I posted... it's one of those things you know
but temporarily forget in the heat of trying to solve a problem, you know?
:)

> See the JSP 1.2 spec for the details. :)  Your container is supposed
> to locate TLDs inside jar files as long as the URI matches.

That's what I thought...

> My guess
> is that RAD isn't doing what it's supposed to.

RAD not doing what its supposed to?  Surely you jest!! ;) LOL

Thanks Wendy, you confirmed how I thought it should work, even though I
confused myself for a few minutes :)  Should be able to figure it out now.

> --
> Wendy

Frank

Re: Taglib reference

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 8/28/06, Frank W. Zammetti <fz...@omnytex.com> wrote:

> Hi... I have what I hope is a stupid question... I very rarely use Struts
> tags, but I need to on a project now... the people who originally put the
> project together had the TLD's in WEB-INF, and we're now trying to remove
> them... using Struts 1.2.9 at the moment... unfortunately I have to use
> RAD for this... problem is, when I build, I'm getting an error in the JSP
> for the taglib reference...
>
> <%@ taglib uri="http://struts.apache.org/tags-bean" prefix="bean" %>
>
> Some Googling seems to indicate that is correctm, yet RAD keeps saying
> that URI isn't found (and when I try to pull it up in a browser it's a
> 404, so RAD seems to be right).  Can anyone point out my undoubtedly
> stupid mistake?  Thanks!

It's not a URL, it's a URI. (Even though it *looks* like URL, it's
never been reachable with a browser.)

See the JSP 1.2 spec for the details. :)  Your container is supposed
to locate TLDs inside jar files as long as the URI matches.  My guess