Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Welly Tambunan <if...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/19 08:43:49 UTC

Keep Model in Operator instance up to date

Hi All,

We have a streaming computation that required to validate the data stream
against the model provided by the user.

Right now what I have done is to load the model into flink operator and
then validate against it. However the model can be updated and changed
frequently. Fortunately we always publish this event to RabbitMQ.

I think we can

   1. Create RabbitMq listener for model changed event from inside the
   operator, then update the model if event arrived.

   But i think this will create race condition if not handle correctly and
   it seems odd to keep this

   2. We can move the model into external in external memory cache storage
   and keep the model up to date using flink. So the operator will retrieve
   that from memory cache

   3. Create two stream and using co operator for managing the shared
   state.

What is your suggestion on keeping the state up to date from external event
? Is there some kind of best practice for maintaining model up to date on
streaming operator ?

Thanks a lot

Cheers

--
Welly Tambunan
Triplelands

http://weltam.wordpress.com
http://www.triplelands.com <http://www.triplelands.com/blog/>

Re: Keep Model in Operator instance up to date

Posted by Welly Tambunan <if...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gyula,

Thanks a lot. That's really help a lot !

Have a great vacation

Cheers

Posted by Gyula Fóra <gy...@gmail.com>.
Hi