Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by William L Anderson <ba...@acm.org> on 2003/10/23 20:19:46 UTC

LIBEAY32.DLL error with svn.exe

When I installed Subversion for Win32, version 0.30.0, on Windows
2000. Everything seems to work fine; I can use repos on distributed
servers.

However, when I try to run svn.exe I get the following error box:
----
svn.exe:
The ordinal 318 could not be located in the dynamic link library
LIBEAY32.DLL.
----

It turns out that subversion installs its own copy of this library,
but I'm using the version recently released to support stunnel.exe.
Do I care about this error?

I do care about using the updated SSL libraries to support stunnel in
light of the recent OpenSSL security vulnerabilities announced.

Is Subversion using the latest SSL libraries?

Any info greatly appreciated.

thx,
Bill Anderson