Posted to users@maven.apache.org by 529pss <52...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/13 00:31:46 UTC

maven goals and phases

Hi all,

Does anybody know if it is, somehow, possible to question maven for the available goals
and phases for a given pom.xml?

thanks

RE: maven goals and phases

Posted by David Bruley <Da...@corelinksolutions.com>.
Hello,

Apologize if you already knew, but the Help plugin has a describe goal that will list the available goals (among other things) for a specific plugin.  I know it's not exactly what you are looking for, but maybe it can still provide some help?

http://www.sonatype.com/books/maven-book/reference/installation-sect-help-plugin-install.html

For example, to see all the goals for the help plugin:

mvn help:describe -DgroupId=org.apache.maven.plugins -DartifactId=maven-help-plugin -Dfull

Thanks,

Dave Bruley
Lead Technical Analyst
CoreLink Administrative Solutions

Does anybody know if it is, somehow, possible to question maven for the available goals
and phases for a given pom.xml?

thanks

Confidentiality Notice: This communication and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, distribution or copying is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipients(s), please contact the sender by replying to this e-mail and destroy/delete all copies of this e-mail message.

Re: maven goals and phases

Posted by Paulo Sousa <pj...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

The phases can also vary depending on the artifact type. For example, the phases of a WAR
type project is different from a JAR type.

I have no idea if Maven supplies an API that we could use, in a plugin, to get all this info.

All this info, or almost, is available with the help:effective-pom goal. So, probably
it wouldn't be so hard to create a plugin for this.

Anyway, I'll try to investigate and do something soon.

thanks

Re: maven goals and phases

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.