Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/27 08:15:17 UTC

OpenMeetings Server Spec

Dear Infra,

this is our proposed spec:

---------

Goals of the demo server:

The goal of the demo server is to have a functional reference where
developers and testers can run verification tests of OpenMeetings
functionality.
Those tests might happen manually or automated with tools like Selenium.

Hardware requirements:
2-4 vcpus
4-8 GB RAM max
100GB disk
reasonable use of bandwidth

Software requirements:

Any linux distro (preferred is Ubuntu, Debian)
Root access, OpenMeetings has a number of software requirements that the
OpenMeetings PMC can install on their own
(see:http://openmeetings.apache.org/installation.html)

Estimated load:

An average daily peak of 10-20, on a quartly year peak there might be up to
50 concurrent user sessions.

---------

We have confirmed/discussed those requirements internally at:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/openmeetings-dev/201309.mbox/%3CCACeMiA_fU8whT__%2BpxkGKnSm1-q-Bd9RMY5meWU%2Bm2oAgC%2BKWg%40mail.gmail.com%3E

If you have any questions or concerns please let me know.

Thanks,
Sebastian
--
Sebastian Wagner