Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Tom Ed White <to...@barq.itsco.com> on 2005/01/25 05:35:07 UTC

Navigation visibility

When creating a new document in the authoring environment, from File -->
New, the document creation page presents a "Visible in Navigation?" yes/no
drop down list.

I've found, though, that this has no effect, and that the new document
only becomes visible after editing sitetree.xml:

<node id="testdoc6" visibleinnav="false">
<label xml:lang="en">Test New Document 6</label>
</node>

I couldn't find any menu option (other than the initial setup screen) for
changing visibility. Should I report this as a bug, or am I missing
something?

I'm running Lenya from the stable 1.2.x branch.

Regards,
Tom Ed White

Re: Navigation visibility

Posted by Tom Ed White <to...@barq.itsco.com>.

> On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
>
>> Tom Ed White wrote:
>>
>> > That is correct; what I meant is that the drop down box has no effect,
>> > and that the "visibleinnav" attribute remains false unless I edit
>> > sitetree.xml.
>>
>> i just tried this with a SVN checkout of 1.2.1, and it worked
>> flawlessly. the document was created visible, i was then able to hide it
>> and make it visible again.
>>

> For the default publication, it did also work with 1.2.x.
> Which publication do you use Tom?
>
> Jann

Sorry, it is also working for me in the default publication, and there's
also a new menu option for changing visibility. I failed to update my
customized publication with the new features (I update it manually) and I
need to find the files that contain these features. I'd appreciate any
hints ...

Thanks,
Tom Ed

Re: Navigation visibility

Posted by Jann Forrer <ja...@id.unizh.ch>.
On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:

> Tom Ed White wrote:
>
> > That is correct; what I meant is that the drop down box has no effect,
> > and that the "visibleinnav" attribute remains false unless I edit
> > sitetree.xml.
>
> i just tried this with a SVN checkout of 1.2.1, and it worked
> flawlessly. the document was created visible, i was then able to hide it
> and make it visible again.

For the default publication, it did also work with 1.2.x.
Which publication do you use Tom?

Jann

Jann Forrer
Informatikdienste