Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org> on 2013/04/18 08:00:27 UTC

Re: Plan for Struts 3

A new plan :D

Plan for Struts 2.5:
Request Git repo from INFRA
Import project
Remove deprecated plugins
Drop support for Struts 1 (remove plugin)
Remove deprecated APIs
Switch to Java 1.6
Rename XWork packages to org.apache.struts.xwork
Prepare the first release

Plan for Struts 3:
Rename Struts 2 packages to org.apache.struts

Regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: Plan for Struts 3

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Just read through it (slowly catching up with e-mails, sorry for all
struts related delays).
Looks good to me and the clean up of the website will be a great step
forwards. I always found it very confusing

Cheers!

http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de

Re: Plan for Struts 3

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

Re: Plan for Struts 3

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
The plan updated again :-)

Re: Plan for Struts 3

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

Re: Plan for Struts 3

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.

Re: Plan for Struts 3

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
Good point!

Plan for Struts 2.5:
Request Git repo from INFRA
Import project
Remove deprecated plugins
Drop support for Struts 1 (remove plugin)
Remove deprecated APIs
Switch to Java 1.6
Prepare the first release

Plan for Struts 3:
Rename XWork packages to org.apache.struts.xwork
Rename Struts 2 packages to org.apache.struts
Switch to Java 1.7

Re: Plan for Struts 3

Posted by Rene Gielen <re...@gmail.com>.

Re: Plan for Struts 3

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
2013/4/18 Johannes Geppert <jo...@apache.org>:
> Hi,
>
>> Switch to Java 1.6
> when starting a new major release why not start with Java 7?
> I mean Java 6 is already in the end of life cycle. :-)

Good question :-) But I think there are users which migrated to Java 6
already and they don't have a plans to migrate to Java 7 asap (read
corporations, banks, etc).

Regards

Re: Plan for Struts 3

Posted by "info@flyingfischer.ch" <in...@flyingfischer.ch>.
...should have said projects instead of code ;-)

Markus Fischer

Re: Plan for Struts 3

Posted by "info@flyingfischer.ch" <in...@flyingfischer.ch>.

Re: Plan for Struts 3

Posted by Konstantin Priblouda <kp...@yahoo.com>.
Yep, it is.    You should go for 1.7  and nobody will have problem with it.

----[ Konstantin Pribluda http://www.pribluda.de ]----------------
JTec quality components: http://www.pribluda.de/projects/

Re: Plan for Struts 3

Posted by Johannes Geppert <jo...@apache.org>.