Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Kraus, Ralf | pixelhouse GmbH" <rk...@pixelhouse.de> on 2009/04/17 11:37:01 UTC

Using Lucene MultiFieldQueryParser with SOLR

Hello,

I am searching for a way to use the Lucene MultiFieldQueryParser in my
SOLR Installation.
Is there a chance to change the "solrQueryParser" ?

In my old Lucene Setting I used to combine many different types of
QueryParser in my Querry...

Or is there a chance to get MultiFieldQueryParser  functions in SOLR ?

Greets -Ralf-

Re: Using Lucene MultiFieldQueryParser with SOLR

Posted by "Kraus, Ralf | pixelhouse GmbH" <rk...@pixelhouse.de>.
Marc Sturlese schrieb:
> The only problem I found with q.alt is that it doesn't allow highlighting (or
> at least it doesn't showed it for me). If you find out how to do it let me
> know.
I use highlighting only with the normal querry !
My q.alt is "*.*"

But its really sad that the dismax dont support wildcarts :-(

Posted by Marc Sturlese <ma...@gmail.com>.
The only problem I found with q.alt is that it doesn't allow highlighting (or
at least it doesn't showed it for me). If you find out how to do it let me
know.
Thanks!

Posted by "Kraus, Ralf | pixelhouse GmbH" <rk...@pixelhouse.de>.

Posted by Marc Sturlese <ma...@gmail.com>.
Well dismax has a q.alt parameter where you can specify a query in "lucene"
sintax. The query must be empty to use q.alt:
http://.../select?q=&q.alt=phone_number:1234567
This would search in the field phone_number independly of what fields you
have configured in teh dismax.

Another way would be to confiure various requesthandlers (one with dismax
and one standard for the filed that you want for example). You can tell Solr
wich to use in the url request

Don't know if this is what you need...

Posted by "Kraus, Ralf | pixelhouse GmbH" <rk...@pixelhouse.de>.

Posted by "Kraus, Ralf | pixelhouse GmbH" <rk...@pixelhouse.de>.
Marc Sturlese schrieb:
> Think there's no search handler that uses MultiFieldQueryParser in Solr. But
> check DismaxRequestHandler, probably will do the job. Yo can specify all the
> fields where you want to search in and it will build the query using boolean
> queries. It includes also many more features:
> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DisMaxRequestHandler
THX A LOT !

You really made my day !

Posted by Marc Sturlese <ma...@gmail.com>.