Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org> on 2018/11/20 14:30:23 UTC

[VOTE] Release 1.7.0, release candidate #2

Hi everyone,
Please review and vote on the release candidate #2 for the version 1.7.0,
as follows:
[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:
* JIRA release notes [1],
* the official Apache source release and binary convenience releases to be
deployed to dist.apache.org [2], which are signed with the key with
fingerprint 1F302569A96CFFD5 [3],
* all artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [4],
* source code tag "release-1.7.0-rc2" [5],

Please use this document for coordinating testing efforts: [6]

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. It is adopted by majority
approval, with at least 3 PMC affirmative votes.

Thanks,
Till

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315522&version=12343585
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/flink/flink-1.7.0-rc2/
[3] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/flink/KEYS
[4] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1194
[5] https://github.com/apache/flink/tree/release-1.7.0-rc2
[6]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/18SqvSFQLru0JDkCBZ5356yNmcZgYBEn1ydqg5VFEpiw/edit?usp=sharing
Pro-tip: you can create a settings.xml file with these contents:

<settings>
<activeProfiles>
  <activeProfile>flink-1.7.0</activeProfile>
</activeProfiles>
<profiles>
  <profile>
    <id>flink-1.7.0</id>
    <repositories>
      <repository>
        <id>flink-1.7.0</id>
        <url>

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1194/
        </url>
      </repository>
      <repository>
        <id>archetype</id>
        <url>

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1194/
        </url>
      </repository>
    </repositories>
  </profile>
</profiles>
</settings>

And reference that in you maven commands via --settings
path/to/settings.xml. This is useful for creating a quickstart based on the
staged release and for building against the staged jars.

Re: [VOTE] Release 1.7.0, release candidate #2

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.
I think the oshi-core test dependency in flink-tests is ok because we don't
include the oshi-core binary in any of our published binaries (neither
the flink-tests_2.11-1.8-SNAPSHOT.jar nor the convenience tarballs contain
oshi-core classes). Linking against EPL 1.0 binaries should be ok.

Concerning the out of date LICENSE and NOTICE file, this is indeed a
release blocker which we need to resolve:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-10987.

Due to the LICENSE and NOTICE file problems, I cancel this vote. I will
publish a new release candidate once we have the LICENSE and NOTICE file
problem resolved.

Cheers,
Till

Posted by jincheng sun <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi Hequn,

Posted by Hequn Cheng <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.
I looked through the release notes:

Entries that shouldn't be included:

  * [FLINK-9983] - Savepoints should count as checkpoints when recovering
      o duplicate of FLINK-1035
  * [FLINK-10714] - java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException when creating a
    heap backend snapshot
      o closed as "Not a problem"
  * [FLINK-10191] -
    WindowCheckpointingITCase.testAggregatingSlidingProcessingTimeWindow
      o closed as "Cannot reproduce"
  * [FLINK-10668] - Streaming File Sink E2E test fails because not all
    legitimate exceptions are excluded
      o duplicate of FLINK-10678
  * [FLINK-10622] - Add end-to-end test for temporal table joins
      o closed as "Wont fix"
  * [FLINK-9764] - Failure in LocalRecoveryRocksDBFullITCase
      o closed as "Cannot reproduce"
  * [FLINK-9587] - ContinuousFileMonitoringFunction crashes on short
    living files
      o closed as "Not a problem"
  * [FLINK-10349] - Unify stopActor utils
      o closed as "Wont do"
  * [FLINK-7470] - Acquire RM leadership before registering with Mesos
      o duplicate of FLINK-9936

Wrong categorization:

  * [FLINK-10010] - Deprecate unused BaseAlignedWindowAssigner related
    components
      o => Improvement
  * [FLINK-10142] - Reduce synchronization overhead for credit notifications
      o => Improvement
  * [FLINK-10389] - TaskManagerServicesConfiguration ctor contains self
    assignment
      o wondering if removing an unused variables is considered a bug-fix
  * [FLINK-10412] - toString field in AbstractID should be transient to
    avoid been serialized
      o => Improvement
  * [FLINK-10513] - Replace TaskManagerActions#notifyFinalState with
    #updateTaskExecutionState
      o => Improvement
  * [FLINK-10678] - Add a switch to run_test to configure if logs should
    be checked for errors/excepions
      o => Improvement
  * [FLINK-10803] - Add documentation about S3 support by the
    StreamingFileSink
      o => Improvement
  * [FLINK-5005] - Remove Scala 2.10 support; add Scala 2.12 support
      o => Feature (or change FLINK-7811 from subtask to feature;
        FLINK-5005 is quite weird in that sense anyway)
  * [FLINK-7551] - Add VERSION to the REST urls.
      o => Feature
  * [FLINK-9697] - Provide connector for modern Kafka
      o => Feature
  * [FLINK-10050] - Support 'allowedLateness' in CoGroupedStreams
      o => Feature
  * [FLINK-10073] - Allow setting a restart strategy in SQL Client
      o => Feature
  * [FLINK-10310] - Cassandra Sink - Handling failing requests
      o => Feature
  * [FLINK-10371] - Allow to enable SSL mutual authentication on REST
    endpoints by configuration
      o => Feature

Naming issues:

  * [FLINK-10172] - Inconsistentcy in ExpressionParser and ExpressionDsl
    for order by asc/desc
      o typo "Inconsistentc
  * [FLINK-10309] - Cancel flink job occurs java.net.ConnectException
      o name could be improved
  * [FLINK-9126] - Creation of the CassandraPojoInputFormat class to
    output data into a Custom Cassandra Annotated Pojo
      o rename to "Add CassandraPojoInputForma
  * [FLINK-10056] - Add testRequestNextInputSplit
      o name provides little value
  * [FLINK-10355] - The order of the column should start from 1.
      o name provides no value