Posted to dev@excalibur.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2007/08/28 08:58:23 UTC

[Vote Result]

Ralph Goers and Stefano Bagnara have been accepted as new committers and
pmc members by +1 votes from J Aaron Farr, Carsten Ziegeler and Sasvata
Chatterjee.

Aaron, can you please add them to the appropriate group?

Thanks
Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: cornerstone 2.2.2 staged releases (Was: [Vote Result])

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Jorg Heymans ha scritto:
> Stefano Bagnara wrote:
>
>> I was trying the new staged jars/poms and I found that the pom declare
>> org.apache.excalibur:excalibur:3 as their parent. But this pom does not
>> exists in public repositories.
>
> Thanks for checking this, the new .tar.gz contains the pom parent as
> well now.
>
> Cheers,
> Jorg

Works like a charm, now!

Now we just have to stand by for the procedural things (either one more
+1 from a current PMC or Aaron to notify the board and wait 72hours).
I was just guessing that being Aaron in the board too, allow us to skip
the "ack" step: anyway the mail from him to the board + 72hours are due.

Thank you,
Stefano

Re: cornerstone 2.2.2 staged releases (Was: [Vote Result])

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Hi Jorg,

I was trying the new staged jars/poms and I found that the pom declare
org.apache.excalibur:excalibur:3 as their parent. But this pom does not
exists in public repositories.

I think that this will be released together with the staged stuff: can
you send it to me or put it in your people home so I can check if
everything works once I have manually installed that file?

Thank you,
Stefano

Re: [Vote Result]

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jh...@apache.org>.

Re: [Vote Result]

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Jorg Heymans ha scritto:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
>> Ralph Goers and Stefano Bagnara have been accepted as new committers and
>> pmc members by +1 votes from J Aaron Farr, Carsten Ziegeler and Sasvata
>> Chatterjee.
>
> (just back from holidays)
>
> Cool ! Do i need to restart the cornerstone vote for Stefano's +1 to be
> included 'officially' or can the release process continue as-is ?
>
> Cheers,
> Jorg

AFAIK there is no ASF policy for this. THe vote has not been closed yet,
so I think it is valid to add my "late" vote.

But, maybe you'll have to wait a bit more because I've not been
aknowledged yet as an Excalibur PMC (weird: has the request been posted
to the board??)

If the mail to the board has been sent when "[Vote Result]" has been
written then the 72 hours time will be completed tomorrow.
After that the following file will be updated:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/board/committee-info.txt

When I'll be on that file my vote can be considered "binding".

Re: [Vote Result]

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jh...@apache.org>.

Re: [Vote Result]

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Ralph Goers wrote:
> I still don't see exalibur by my name a people.apache.org/~jim.  What's up?

We're waiting for Aaron to send the ack to the board.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: [Vote Result]

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Carsten Ziegeler ha scritto:
> Just as an update, we are now waiting for #4 :)
>
> So congrats Ralph and Stefano, you're on the Excalibur PMC.
>
> Carsten

Thank you!

I guess I can now cast my vote on open topics.

Stefano

Re: [Vote Result]

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.
Stefano Bagnara wrote:

> I'm not sure this is important/needed at all but I just saw that we are
> not in the excalibur group in minotaur:
>
> [bago@minotaur ~]$ groups
> bago apcvs james
> [bago@minotaur ~]$ grep excalibur /etc/group
> excalibur:*:5525:donaldp,farra,akarasulu,bloritsch,leif,neeme,proyal,leosimons,atagunov,hammett,cziegeler,mnash,mauro,shash,leosutic
>
> Stefano

I noticed that as well. As someone mentioned, I think that controls the
lists at jim's site as we aren't listed there.  I have no idea what
other impacts that might have.

Re: [Vote Result]

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.

Re: [Vote Result]

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.

Re: [Vote Result]

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

Re: [Vote Result]

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Hi Stefano, hi Ralph,

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sorry for not looking into this earlier (I was ill for the last ten
> days). I'll have a look into this during the week.
>
> Carsten
>
> Ralph Goers wrote:
>> Stefano Bagnara wrote:
>>> I think that list depends on the "/etc/group" file on minotaur.
>>> Maybe SVN permissions are somewhere else.
>>>
>>> BTW I think that the most critical issue was related to votes. For the
>>> infrastructure stuff there is no hurry (on my side).
>>>
>>> As I have JIRA administration karma I added you and me to the
>>> "excalibur-developer" JIRA group and granted "Committer" karma to the
>>> excalibur JIRA projects (I saw that in PMC there is only Carsten and
>>> that single users are used instead of groups, so being in
>>> excalibur-developer group means almost nothing for JIRA).
>>>
>>> I have no karma on the SVN permissions, so I'll leave this to someone
>>> else.
>>>

>> I checked /etc/group and indeed I am not listed there under excalibur. I
>> have not tried to commit anything but I doubt that works since it didn't
>> work for you. I have also tried to subscribe to
>> private@excalibur.apache.org several times. The list server sends the
>> ack but I never get the welcome message. Is there no moderator (or
>> activity) on that list?
>>
>> What permissions are needed to finish this off?
>>
>> Ralph

Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: [Vote Result]

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Ralph Goers wrote:
> Stefano Bagnara wrote:
>>
>> I think that list depends on the "/etc/group" file on minotaur.
>> Maybe SVN permissions are somewhere else.
>>
>> BTW I think that the most critical issue was related to votes. For the
>> infrastructure stuff there is no hurry (on my side).
>>
>> As I have JIRA administration karma I added you and me to the
>> "excalibur-developer" JIRA group and granted "Committer" karma to the
>> excalibur JIRA projects (I saw that in PMC there is only Carsten and
>> that single users are used instead of groups, so being in
>> excalibur-developer group means almost nothing for JIRA).
>>
>> I have no karma on the SVN permissions, so I'll leave this to someone
>> else.
>>

> I checked /etc/group and indeed I am not listed there under excalibur. I
> have not tried to commit anything but I doubt that works since it didn't
> work for you. I have also tried to subscribe to
> private@excalibur.apache.org several times. The list server sends the
> ack but I never get the welcome message. Is there no moderator (or
> activity) on that list?
>
> What permissions are needed to finish this off?
>
> Ralph

Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: [Vote Result]

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Re: [Vote Result]

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.

Re: [Vote Result]

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Re: [Vote Result]

Posted by J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>.
#4 has been completed by the way.  Sorry for not updating the list.

Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> writes:

> Just as an update, we are now waiting for #4 :)
>
> So congrats Ralph and Stefano, you're on the Excalibur PMC.
>
> Carsten
>
> Stefano Bagnara wrote:
>> Oops, sorry.
>> I just received Carsten message that answer this question (We are stuck
>> on #1).
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Stefano
>>
>> Stefano Bagnara ha scritto:

>>> Same for me.
>>>
>>> I think the events order is the following:
>>>
>>> 1) Excalibur PMC chair notifies the board
>>> 2) One board member acknowledge the notification
>>> 3) Excalibur wait 72 hours
>>> 4) Excalibur chair updates the
>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/board/committee-info.txt
>>>
>>> What have been done and what are we waiting for?
>>>
>>> Stefano

> Carsten Ziegeler
> cziegeler@apache.org

  J Aaron Farr     jadetower.com        [US] +1 724-964-4515
    馮傑仁          cubiclemuses.com     [HK] +852 8123-7905

Re: [Vote Result]

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

Stefano Bagnara wrote:
> Oops, sorry.
> I just received Carsten message that answer this question (We are stuck
> on #1).
>
> Thank you,
> Stefano
>
> Stefano Bagnara ha scritto:
>> Ralph Goers ha scritto:
>>> I still don't see exalibur by my name a people.apache.org/~jim.  What's up?
>>>
>>> Ralph
>> Same for me.
>>
>> I think the events order is the following:
>>
>> 1) Excalibur PMC chair notifies the board
>> 2) One board member acknowledge the notification
>> 3) Excalibur wait 72 hours
>> 4) Excalibur chair updates the
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/board/committee-info.txt
>>
>> What have been done and what are we waiting for?
>>
>> Stefano

Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: [Vote Result]