Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by 樊超 <83...@qq.com> on 2020/08/27 06:39:58 UTC

Can't release the leased set in connection pool

English is not my native language, please excuse typing errors.
I use jmeter to test a gateway named Zuul1, its underlying use HttpClient.
When I set 1000 threads and loop infinite, after a while, the request is stuck, and never come back to normal.
I found the reason is, there is a variable named leased in AbstractConnPool, and it reached the MaxPerRoute limit.
And furthermore, it seems like because the timeout set by Zuul interrupt HttpClient thread, so HttpClient have no chance to release the leased.
I try to clear timeout leased when pool.getFree(state) method return null, and this is ok then.
I want to know is there better way to solve this problem?

Re: Can't release the leased set in connection pool

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2020-08-27 at 14:39 +0800, 樊超 wrote:
> English is not my native language, please excuse typing errors.
> I use jmeter to test a gateway named Zuul1, its underlying use
> HttpClient.
> When I set 1000 threads and loop infinite, after a while, the request
> is stuck, and never come back to normal.
> I found the reason is, there is a variable named leased in
> AbstractConnPool, and it reached the MaxPerRoute limit.
> And furthermore, it seems like because the timeout set by Zuul
> interrupt HttpClient thread, so HttpClient have no chance to release
> the leased.
> I try to clear timeout leased when pool.getFree(state) method return
> null, and this is ok then.
> I want to know is there better way to solve this problem?

I am not sure if this is an HttpClient issue or a JMeter issue.

You might have more chances of getting support at the JMeter user list.

Oleg