Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jerome Benezech <jb...@yahoo.com> on 2007/05/18 13:46:41 UTC

Multiple JVM in Tomat

Hi all,
Do you have any documentation link on how to setup
tomcat to spawn a different JVM per webapp ?

Cheers,
Jerome

Jerome Benezech
jbenezech@yahoo.com

Re: Multiple JVM in Tomat

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

RE: Multiple JVM in Tomat

Posted by Jerome Benezech <jb...@yahoo.com>.
OK so I would have several tomcat instances running on
different ports. This is fine but how would that
impact memory usag eon the server ? I guess every
tomcat instance needs quiet a bit of initial memory.
Then that means this amount of memory would be
multiplied by the number of webapps...

Also, any link on that doc ? Can't find it in the main
Tomcat documentation...

--- Peter Crowther <Pe...@melandra.com>
wrote:

> > From: Jerome Benezech [mailto:jbenezech@yahoo.com]
>
> > Do you have any documentation link on how to setup
> > tomcat to spawn a different JVM per webapp ?
>
> "By hand".  See the documentation on setting up
> multiple instances - to
> my knowledge, there's no way of setting up Tomcat to
> spawn JVMs.  Note
> that each instance will require its own set of
> ports.
>
> 		- Peter

Jerome Benezech
jbenezech@yahoo.com