Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Joe Collins <jo...@letsys.com> on 2004/01/22 18:28:08 UTC

configuring log4j with BEA Weblogic 8.1

I have my log4j.xml file in the WEB-INF\classes directory of my server
I point to log4j-1.2.6.jar on the classpath of my server on start up
I specify Set
JAVA_OPTIONS=-Dlog4j.config=C:\bea\user_projects\domains\....\WEB-INF\cl
asses\log4j.xml
on start up of my server.

In my log4j.xml I specify the appender that I attach to the root log

  <appender name="ROOTFILE" class="org.apache.log4j.FileAppender">
    <param name="File" value="C:/Log4jLogs/rootfile.log"/>
    <layout class = "org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout">
      <param name="ConversionPattern" value="[%t] %-5p %c - %m%n"/>
    </layout>
  </appender>

How ever no log files are being written, even though the loggers are set
to debug and are referenced in my code.

I am using Bea Weblogic 8.1. I have been through the mail archive and
seem to have the configuration set up correctly, but could not find any
reason why logs would not be generated.
Are there any peculiar issues with Weblogic 8.1? or is there a step I
have failed to take?

Eternally grateful

Joe