Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Christopher Becker <CB...@cablevision.com> on 2006/01/04 22:38:32 UTC

external URL in struts app

Greetings all;

I have a Struts app (v1.27) and wish to add a user form whose ACTION is
a URL that is external to the application ( a remote servlet).

I want to provide a "message sent" confirmation page to the user, but
dont know how to do this with an external form submission. Is there a
way to wrap the submit process within a Struts action so that a
'success' Action Forward could be utilized and a confirmation page
(internal to the struts app) be displayed?

It is the external nature of this form posting that has me stumped. Any
thoughts on an approach would be appreciated.

Regards,

--Chris

Re: external URL in struts app

Posted by Michael Jouravlev <jm...@gmail.com>.
The easiest way imho is to submit to your proxy action, which submits
to external server, receives response and returns this response to
browser.

Michael.